Thursday, March 24, 2011

~A Scraptastic Weekend~

So last weekend my sister and I made our way out to Camp CoBeAc in beautiful Houghton Lake Michigan for a long relaxing weekend of scrapbooking...This was our first time to a Scraptastic event. It was nicely done though I will say the cabins were pretty rustic! I was shocked at first but it was fine; we were very comfortable and would consider going back. Its in a prime location-there is a McD's on the corner and a fabulous craft store called Arnie's on the opposite corner. I was lucky enough to win the door prize, a $50 gift cerificate to Arnies, so of course we went shopping first thing Saturday morning!     
I only completed 6 pages but was able to finish up a few others I had previously started so I feel good about what I accomplished. My problem is I spend a lot ot time staring at my pics and reminiscing...then I stare at my page for an hour trying to set up my layout. My sister is much more productive than me; she gets in a zone and blows through her pages. I am envious...but I guess thats why we're all different!
The theme of our weekend was "BLING" so I used lots of glitter and sparkle embellishments. I really like how the pages turned out. I used stickles for the first time...AWESOME..I am happy with the results.  

These layouts are of my niece Shelby at her 17th birthday party. 
I won a Girly stamp set at the crop too and was able to use them on this layout.

3 comments:

  1. OMG! these pages look great! It was fun, already looking forward to our next weekender in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun pages- sounds like a great weekend! Just dropping in from the Getting Cricky hop.

    ReplyDelete

In September, Croppin' Chicks hosted a Scrapbook Getaway weekend in upper Michigan. My sister and I got in plenty of scrapping as well ...